5 Day Cape Explorer tour with a stay in Penisula Suite Hotel is great for quality family time exploring the highlights of the Cape with visits to Cape Point, Boulders Beach, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, historical sites in the city such as the Company Gardens, the Castle of Good Hope, the SA Museum and Table Mountain. No visit to the Cape is complete without visiting Stellenbosch and some wine farms which is an interesting experience for parents & kids alike! We also spend a day visiting a game reserve enjoying some of Africa’s wildlife on a game drive and a visit to the Cheetah Rehabilitation Center.
- 4 Nights Penisula Hotel
- Cape Point
- Boulders Beach
- Kirstenbosch Gardens
- Castle of Good Hope
- SA Museum
- Table Mountain
5 Day Cape Explorer with a stay at The Peninsula Suite Hotel
Day 1: Arrive in Cape Town
On arrival at the Cape Town airport you will be met by one of our representatives who will take you to The Peninsula Suite Hotel, which is ideally situated in Sea Point across the road from the beach. The hotel offers complimentary shuttles within an 8 km radius, thus including the City Bowl, V & A Waterfront and Table Mountain. The Waterfront is almost a destination on its own and offers loads of entertainment, different restaurants and shopping. Robben Island tours as well as boat cruises also depart from there.
Day 2: Cape Town City & Wine Route
Today we explore Cape Town City and the Wine region!
The Mother City is steeped in history, culture and scenic wonders, and offers an abundance of things to see and do. A half day tour gives you an introduction to experience the city and its attractions.
To get a taste of the thriving centre of the Mother City, in the shelter of Table Mountain, a Cape Town city tour is not to be missed. Here you will find a number of the Cape’s top attractions, from the imposing Castle of Good Hope to the colourful cottages of the Bo Kaap, the bustling Green Market Square, the South African Museum, the beautiful Company Gardens and plenty more to see. With an experienced and knowledgeable guide, and from the comfort of an airconditioned vehicle, you will be able to learn more about the Cape Town
CBD and its surrounds, in a city tour that is sure to leave you with plenty of memories and photographs of this part of the Cape.
- Ticket for the cable way to Table Mountain is not included as this activity is weather dependent. If the weather is not good for the mountain we will drive to Tableview for a “postcard view” of Table Mountain.
From here we take a delightful drive winding its way to the heart of the Cape Winelands, through superb vineyards and past Cape Dutch homesteads to the heart of South Africa’s wine industry, Stellenbosch, boasting great beauty and culture that is steeped in South African history. Walk down the canal lined avenues, in the shade of giant oak trees and beautifully preserved historic buildings.
With the sheer vastness of wine estates on offer, we are truly spoilt for choice when we enjoy our first wine tasting of the day at the Zevenwacht Wine Estate.
Let yourself be guided around the stunning wine cellars of this old established estate, feeling the passion of the winemakers and understanding the process that goes behind turning a grapevine field into a sumptuous wine. Treat yourself to a tasting of the estate’s finest wines and cheeses. We enjoy a wine tasting before taking time to enjoy the historical building of Stellenbosch. The town of Stellenbosch is a small but very vibrant town with a very famous university and numerous activities such a wine cellar tours and tastings. You will have the opportunity to purchase wines to bring back home to enjoy the region’s wonderful vintages after your visit.
Our last stop for the day is at the Marianne Wine Estate. Marianne Wine Estate is situated at the foothill of the Simonsberg outside the town of Stellenbosch. Be welcomed for a unique wine experience in a superb environment. Taste the wine and discover their French savoirfaire.
We return to the bustle of city life after an enthralling day in the countryside.
- Wine estates might change due to availability and guides preference.
Day 3: Cape Peninsula
Today we explore the Cape Peninsula on a full day tour from 08h00 to 17h00.
Travel along the spectacular coastline of the Peninsula through charming historical villages. Visit the mythical meeting place of two great oceans and experience the “fairest Cape of all”.
Our journey to Cape Point takes us along the scenic Atlantic seaboard coastal road. We pass the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay with their soft white sand and assure blue water. The formidable 12 Apostles Peaks rise above the road on one side, while sheer cliffs and incredible rock formations drop into the icy Atlantic Ocean on the other side. There is no doubt the coast of the Cape Peninsula offers magnificent scenery with its great biodiversity.
We arrive at the quaint fishing village of Hout Bay with its imposing Sentinel. Visit Duiker Island (Seal Island) (own account) or shop for souvenirs at the craft market at the harbour.
Our tour continues over Chapman’s Peak which offers amazing photo opportunities, and onto the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. This area is home to magnificent ‘fynbos’, many different species of buck and birds, the Cape Mountain Zebra, and mischievous baboons. These creatures entertain guests enjoying lunch at the restaurant which has splendid views of False Bay. Take the funicular (own account) to the lighthouse to see the meeting of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans at the Cape Point.
We visit Boulders Beach to see the Jackass penguins (own account) before arriving at the naval base of Simonstown, and then we venture inland to our last stop of the day at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. With the sun setting over the tall peaks of Table Mountain the last rays sparkle on the trees and flowers, and offer a fitting end to a day filled with all the Cape has to offer.
- The Constantia winelands can be visited in place of Kirstenbosch
Entrance included: Cape Point Nature Reserve, Chapman’s Peak Toll Fee, Kirstenbosch Gardens
Optional extra: Boat trip to Duiker Island (Seals), Penguins Colony at Boulders Beach, Cape Point Funicular
You have the evening at leisure.
Day 4 – Game Reserve full day safari
Just two hours away from Cape Town you can now experience, for the first time in over a century, the return of Africa’s largest wild animals to this region.
This one day safari tour allows Cape Town visitors to get up close and personal with Africa’s most famous animals all just a short drive from Cape Town. As the reserve is situated in the Western Cape, you will never need to worry about the risk of malaria and a one day safari is easily and conveniently slotted into your schedule as a fun day outing to enjoy some of the Cape’s most stunning flora and fauna.
This tour will have you travel via the Wine Region & Klein Karoo & the fruit growing region of Ceres. After welcome drinks on arrival you join a 3 hour game drive in an open sided 4 x 4 vehicle. An optional walk with the giraffes is available at the ranger’s discretion. We also visit the Cheetah Rehabilitation Project and have lunch under the trees or in the Boma. We return To Cape Town via the Huguenot Tunnel.
Over 1,200 wild animals can be seen at Inverdoorn, with a number of species including elephant, lion, cheetah, white rhino, eland, giraffe, springbok and many more. Bird life is equally prolific, with a number of local and migratory species to be found across the reserve. Bird species you may encounter on this Cape Town safari include African fish eagle, black breasted snake eagle, giant kingfisher, Cape vulture, Cape eagle owl, flamingo, ostrich, secretary bird, sacred ibis, spotted eagle owl, black stork, barn owl and jackal buzzard to name just a few. A game drive across the reserve is the perfect way to take on the plentiful game and bird life that can be found at Inverdoorn.
(Breakfast & Lunch included)
Day 5: Cape Town – ends
Depending on your onward flight details, you may have time for another optional excursion or do some shopping. The transfer back to Cape Town airport is included in the price.
5 Day tour as per itinerary
|Dates Valid||1 Oct – 31 Dec 2015||1 Jan – 31 Mar 2016||1 Apr – 30 Sept 2016|
|Per family with 2 adults & 1 child under 12||ZAR 45,500||ZAR 46,950||ZAR 41,350|
|Per family with 2 adults & 2 children under 12||ZAR 50,850||ZAR 52,575||ZAR 46,995|
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to depart.
- It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the safari.
- Extensions to other destinations such as the Garden Route, the Kruger National Park, Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and the Okavango Delta in Botswana are also available on request.
- Return airport transfers in Cape Town
- 4 Nights’ accommodation at a 4 star hotel in Cape Town, including breakfast daily
- Half day tour of the City & Table Mountain (weather dependent)
- Half day tour of the Wine region including 2 tastings
- Full day tour of the Cape Peninsula, including park entry fees
- Full day tour to a nearby Game Reserve, including a buffet style lunch
- Meals as specified per itinerary
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- Items of a personal nature & Gratuities
- Optional extra nights and excursions
- Optional supplement for private transfers and city day tours
- Flights, Travel and medical insurance, Visas if required.
Traveling with children:
- Note that as of 1 June 2015 strict rules for families traveling with children under 18 will be enforced by the South African Department of Home Affairs in an effort to curb child trafficking. Complying with these regulations will be the client’s responsibility and we cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by non-compliance. Click here for more information.
- Purchasing adequate travel insurance is highly recommended. We have a partnership with an American company, 1 Earth Travel Protection. Note that travel insurance must be purchased within 14 days of the initial trip deposit or payment in order to receive coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and financial default. Click here for more information.
- We require a 50% deposit to confirm any reservation, with full payment due 8 weeks prior to departure.
- We offer a secure online payment platform via our bank in Zimbabwe. Once you are ready to make payment, your consultant will email you a link via the platform. Note that we only accept Visa and Master Card.
Further client info required:
In order to provide an efficient service and ensure a memorable holiday, we require the following info about each member of the party traveling:
- Full name & last name as per passport, as well as nationality of passport (a copy of each person’s passport is ideal and also required in order to book flights)
- Rooming list where applicable
- Dietary requirements, if any
- Any allergies or physical disabilities
- Full international arrival and departure flight details.
** Prices are subject to change without notice. All services are subject to availability. Terms & Conditions Apply**